Autodesk Stand Alone Lincesing Issue on Boot Camp for Mac

建築施工、工法、構法、建築材料、機具、設計用之軟硬體
回覆文章
chillywilly

Autodesk Stand Alone Lincesing Issue on Boot Camp for Mac

文章 chillywilly »

Basically I try to blew everything that PC industry ever build for. Under a hang over situation, after good solid Johny Blue drinks, I purchased a computer that drained my bank completely. Just put it this way, I got myself a Mac Pro 3.0G Xeon Quad x 2 system with 5GB RAM and a ATI card. The price tag on this monster is not pretty. I thought life is suppose getting better after this, but no, the nightmare just start after arrival of the box. Basically, I don't want Parallel or VM running with OSX so I decided to go with BootCamp 1.4. Putting Win Xp Pro Sp2 is not much of a trouble, but dumping Vista Ultimate is a puzzle. Since most of my CAD configurations are set to Win Xp, I will just settle with that for now, by the way, Win Xp's max RAM support is only 4GB. (make sure the /3GB switch is added in the boot.ini file)

XP setup is easy and breezy.

PROBLEM #1:
After restarting, the first sign of trouble showed. The restart screen become lined or checker boxed like the hacker display screen. The unconfirmed report says this has to do with PRAM on the Mac end.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION #1a:
I thougth clear PRAM at start up will help by hold down (Option + Command + P + R) keys from Mac keyboard at start up and you will hear chime twice. This solution did not help much, the crazy screen still persist from time to time.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION #1b:
Then recently there is EFI update from APPLE. (Yes, Mac use EFI to recongnize booting system this make mutiple OS work in good square dance, Window still at 1980's technology of commad line partitions). Now update your EFI firmware from Apple:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... ate12.html
Run this app in OS-X. It looks like the problem getting fixed. Also after firmware update, use the latest Catalyst driver from AMD ATI.
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/mac/bootcamp-xp.html

PROBLEM #2:
After fixing the display problem, I start the installation of Autodesk family products (Architecture 2008, Revit 2008, Max 9, and Inventor Series). All of the Autodesk products are on stand alone license. Upon finishing installation, the start up of these apps required the authorization. I quickly put in the authorization # and thought this box is done. After restart the computer, it says error 1.0.0.1 and needs to re-authorize, which I did try to re-authorize. But this time, autocad just don't want to continue. After hours on the phone with Autodesk Support, they just don't have a clue what happened.

SOLUTION #2:
I can't believe I am sitting here with the most expansive Window box and can't get my software working. After 1 week of non-stop research (specially thanx the friends at MIT Media Lab and Carnegie Mellon Computer Science), the problem can be solved. The tricks exist in the window registry part. All stand alone license exist in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses this location is very problematic, thanx to EFI partition from Mac. And the Autodesk Registry is pointing to this location to look for license. And, plus Mac uses SATA hard drive. First, you need to move the Software Licenses folder to C:\ root. And your will need to edit the registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AUTODESK\LICENSES] change the parameter from old location (Documents and Settings) to C:\ (root). And then run the update from Autodesk:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps ... ID=9240618
DON'T USE THIS UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE SATA HARDDRIVE. IF YOU MISS IT YOUR AUTODESK SOFTWARES WILL BE DISABLED FOREVER.

Finally most of the problems are solved for now. Machine runs great, the performance is beyond benchmark. Keep this thread going if anyone is as crazy as me!
Wayne

Re: Autodesk Stand Alone Lincesing Issue on Boot Camp for Mac

文章 Wayne »

這個很棒!有使用MAC的建築人都需要,尤其是用Bootcmp畫圖的人,一定都會遇到註冊失效的問題!大推!
我遇過太多人有這樣的問題,希望這篇可以給有需要的人看到。
回覆文章