EMERGING VOIVES, The Young Architect's Forum of AL, NYC

美國建築日本建築英國建築西班牙建築法國建築葡萄牙建築瑞典建築丹麥建築挪威建築
回覆文章
binbin wang

EMERGING VOIVES, The Young Architect's Forum of AL, NYC

文章 binbin wang »

I am a follower of Edward Said and perhaps a "secret" admirer of Derrida. I won't just post anything because it is the newest of the NEW. So, I am a wimp. I am incapable of coming out and impose anything I "think" it is "cool" (the term is used as Karl Chu defined it.) Here is a link to the lecture series of the Architectural League of NYC. I am still waiting to see a young architect from Taiwan who will be honored in this lecture. Don't mention it, I did attempt it, but now I am too old for it......

http://www.archpaper.com/feature_articl ... oices.html
binbin wang

文章 binbin wang »

OK, I want to apologize to the readers of this post for making the assumption that no young architect from Taiwan so far has been the winner of the annual competition held by the Architectural League, NY, yet.

I am sitting at my neighborhood wine bar with my friend Ming. She screamed at me after I showed her this post and urged me to write an apology in front of her presence. "Nobody in your generation did, yes, but none at all? Give me a break!" She also thought that it was a bad practice to point out that:

I am still waiting to see a young architect from Taiwan who will be honored in this lecture.
For even if it is true, one shouldn't have to highlight the fact. She went on to say that women had been treated badly to a degree women even internalized this kind of discriminatory "false consciousness," and treated themselves accordingly.....

I am sorry. I am a pig. Now we can go and have our dinner in peace.
hannitect

文章 hannitect »

Hey, binbin, relax, I think there's a GENIUNE Taiwanese lady who was one of the winner of the 2003 Young Architects Forum (http://www.archleague.org/ya.php), there's hardly any Taiwanese male made it to that list in recent years, (Taiwan-RELATED Shih-Fu Peng(彭士佛) made it on 1999 ) !!

Plus, a while back, another home-grown lady Chiafan Wu(吳佳芳) made her way to the international arena too !!! (ROEWU Architecture)

The burden of cultural reproduction isn't just your own responsibility !!! Right ???

hope this make you feel better !!!
回覆文章